Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fuck You

"Fuck you" doesn't cut it anymore. They're just words,
language strung beneath the gritty shit
that truncates my soliloquies and tequila-capped one-liners.
FUCK you doesn't tell you what I feel.
The vowels can't reach around their horse-shoed roundness
to slap the things-I've-never-told-you across your face,
and the consonants, hard and thick against my teeth, swing
open-hinged in the bluster of (what I intend to be a) frozen
downpour of tucked-away truths. But honesty never floods out that way;
it sneaks behind years of calm cool steady and fuck YOU
sounds too much like i hate you leave me alone you don't mean fucking
shit to me and these aren't lies, not anymore. And if I had the vocal energy
I might scream and whisper FUCK YOU fuck you FUCK YOU fuck you
over and over again, till my throat breaks raw and danger-red,
till my mouth and arms seize and spasm, and till my nails
snap off clean from clawing boundaries
and barriers, leaving new skin scathed and pale,
but there isn't any blood because blood is red
and red is love
and love was you
and you were blood but
fuckyou is boiling and endless, sworn like a furtive groan-
like a scalded wound peeled open again (and again, again).
Fuck.
You. 

This drops like dead weight, and "fuck you"

doesn't mean anything to me.

Not anymore. 



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
Sometimes I take the fishing line that is twisted around my neck
and tug a little harder, testing the cut against my skin and I
pick up scissors, weigh them against gravity, slide my fingers
into gaping plastic holes. Open, close. Open, close.

No comments: